to The Songbook Academy
Perfect Harmony Music Resources
Contact us for more information:
The Great American Songbook Foundation
The Great American Songbook Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with a mission to inspire and educate by celebrating the Great American Songbook.
Mentors, Vocal Coaches & Music Directors
Songbook Academy students work with the best of the best when it comes to mentors, teachers and Songbook Academy staff. From Music Directors to individual Vocal Coaches, Songbook Academy professionals are exceptional in their craft and their ability to guide young people passionate about performing the music of the Great American Songbook.
Past Guest Mentors have included:
- Telly Leung, Aladdin, Rent, Wicked, Allegiance
- Ashley Park, Mean Girls, The King and I
- Faith Prince, Guys and Dolls, Annie
- Solea Pfeiffer, Hamilton, Evita, West Side Story
- Laura Osnes, Cinderella, Bandstand, Grease
- Eden Espinosa, Wicked, Rent, Brooklyn
- Jarrod Spector, The Cher Show, Beautiful
- Alex Gemignani, My Fair Lady, Carousel
- Fergie L. Philippe, Hamilton
- Becca Petersen, Mean Girls, Bandstand
- Michael McElroy, Big River, Next to Normal
- Nat Zegree, Papermill's Million Dollar Quartet
- James T. Lane, Ain't Too Proud, Kiss Me Kate
- Shereen Ahmed, My Fair Lady, A Man of Importance
From top universities like the University of Michigan and touring artists, meet the 2022 Songbook Academy screener team!
*2023 screeners to be announced!
Our vocal coaches have served as music educators at top universities, including the University of Michigan’s Music Theatre Program, University of Indianapolis’ Vocal Studies and Music Programs, Western Michigan University, Roosevelt University’s Chicago College of the Performing Arts, Heritage Music Festival, North American Music Festival, and Indiana State School Music Association. They’ve even performed on opera, concert, and Musical Theatre stages from New York's Lincoln Center to Broadway!
*2023 vocal coaches to be announced!
Last but certainly not least, students are paired with a Music Director throughout the Songbook Academy week. Far more than accompanists, the Songbook Academy Music Directors craft unique arrangements and provide expert musical coaching that enhances each finalist’s musical performance. They have worked with artists ranging from Frank Sinatra, Rita Moreno, Liza Minnelli, Lea Salonga, Chaka Khan, Marilyn Maye, and many more. They have served as conductors and Musical Directors for Broadway, National Tours, and have written orchestrations for various concert and television series with some of the country’s leading symphony orchestras.
*2023 music directors to be announced!