to The Songbook Academy
Perfect Harmony Music Resources
Contact us for more information:
The Great American Songbook Foundation
The Great American Songbook Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with a mission to inspire and educate by celebrating the Great American Songbook.
Our Songbook Community
When you join the Songbook Academy, you become part of our close-knit Songbook family, a community that extends beyond each individual class to include alumni and industry professionals who have participated in the program over the past 15 years. This program fosters lasting camaraderie, whether alumni end up rooming together in college, performing together on national stages, or simply maintaining the deep friendships formed during their Songbook week. As Ira Gershwin would say, the Songbook community is “here to stay.”
“Never have I been in a space filled with such love & passion for music. Jazz has always been a safe space for me and being around all of these incredible people has made my love for it grow even more.”
– Emily Chavez (’23), Los Angeles, California
Meet an alum
You might be familiar with singer-songwriter and TikTok star Eleri Ward, who is widely known for her indie-folk covers of Sondheim songs. Did you know that she is also a 2012 Songbook Academy alumna?
Our alumni have appeared regularly on NBC’s The Voice and America’s Got Talent. They are releasing their own music. They are taking the stage at regional theaters, on national tours and on Broadway. They’ve appeared at Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center, international opera houses, and NYC’s Birdland. Just a few highlights ...
- Maddie Baillio — NBC’s Hairspray (as Tracy), Netflix’s Dumplin’, Amazon’s Cinderella
- Kyrie Courter — currently in Sweeney Todd on Broadway
- Anaïs Reno — one of the most “hotly-tipped” U.S. jazz singers (new album coming soon!)
- Melinda Rodriguez — Jazz Vocalist of the U.S. Army Band Pershing’s Own Army Blues
- Finn Sagal — 2024-2025 finalist and new ensemble member of the Lyric Opera of Chicago
- Adriana Scalice — currently in the "Boleyn" company of the North American tour of SIX: The Musical
- April Varner — 2023 Winner of the Ella Fitzgerald Jazz Vocal Competition
- Nina White — currently originating a role in Kimberly Akimbo on Broadway
Not only can you find Songbook Academy alumni at every corner of the professional music industry, you can also find fellow alums at prestigious university music and performing arts programs around the world. Highlights include:
- Berklee College of Music
- Boston Conservatory
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Cincinnati College Conservatory of Music
- Eastman School of Music
- Indiana University Jacobs School of Music
- The Juilliard School
- Manhattan School of Music
- New York University
- Oberlin Conservatory of Music
- The University of Miami Frost School of Music
- The University of Michigan
“This could not have come at a better time as I prepare for the college audition process. I have used several of the techniques that I was taught in my college audition pre-screens. The timing for intense vocal training was perfect in my journey”
– Jackson Manning (‘23), Doylestown, Pennsylvania
As a member of the Songbook Academy community, you're in for life. Our staff is here to assist with recommendation letters, alumni connections, and access to the wealth of musical resources in our Songbook Library & Archives. Our network has opened doors to internships and performances alongside Michael Feinstein and other esteemed mentors. Whether you joined us in 2009 or 2023, we're committed to supporting our alumni as they pursue their passions.
And the best part? You will continue to be inspired by your Songbook peers. If you don’t believe us, just check out some of our talented alumni over the years!