An Intro to Music for Care Partners
Thursday, March 25 (10 am - 12 pm)
Friday, March 26 (10 am - 12 pm)
This two-day virtual workshop offers an opportunity for healthcare workers, activity directors, and care partners (both professional and family) to learn about the benefits of music for older adults, connect with other professionals in the elder care community, and master simple techniques and exercises that can foster shared music experiences with loved ones or residents. Workshop presentations will take place via Zoom.
- Research supporting the benefits of music for older adults
- Engaging your loved ones or residents in a meaningful music experience
- The importance of generational music for those in your care
- Communication techniques for positive and successful music experiences
- Cost-effective musical activities that anyone can facilitate – you don’t have to be a professional musician!
Featuring Keynote Speaker:
Meredith Hamons (MT-BC)
- Founded North Austin Music Therapy in September, 2010
- Author of Musically Engaged Seniors, published 2013
- Co-Author of Music, Memory, and Meaning, published 2017
- Course Instructor at MusicTherapyEd.com
- Over Ten Years of Clinical Experience
- Additional Training in Neurologic Music Therapy
- Speaks Regularly at State, Regional, and National Professional Conferences
Does it cost to attend?
There will be a small fee of $15.00 to cover take-away materials and access to on-demand resources. If you are interested in bringing a group of staff and/or representatives from your organization, or community, we are happy to offer a $5.00 discount to each of your attendees. Please call 317.843.3800 for a discount code.
What is Perfect Harmony?
Perfect Harmony is a music resource that helps care partners identify appropriate generational music and activities to engage older adults in a shared music experience. Click here to learn more.