Masterclasses and Workshops
Each day, students will have the opportunity to interface with mentors from all areas of the music industry - professional music directors, vocal coaches, Broadway actors, recording industry stars, award-winning vocalists, performing arts educators and more - in masterclass, lecture and workshop settings that allow for these experts to share their personal tricks of the trade, performance-based feedback and professional insight on pursuing a career in music.
Private Team Workshops
Each student will be paired with a music director, vocal coach and a "team" of seven other students who they will take their core classes with throughout Songbook Academy week. This allows for an intimate and interactive educational experience for our forty finalists. Private workshops that allow one-on-one coaching time, as well as group work, will occur on a daily-basis throughout the week.
Meet our 2020 core teaching staff:
Public Workshops and Masterclasses
Throughout the week, students will take part in full group masterclasses with celebrity guest mentors. Read more about our guest mentors. Active participation in these interactive classes is for STUDENTS ONLY - however, the classes will be streamed live for the public to view, much like the opportunities provided during our live Songbook Academy week format.
A full schedule of masterclasses available for streaming will be posted here shortly. All workshops and masterclasses will take place between the hours of 1pm and 5pm EDT. Sample masterclasses are listed below.
- Monday - Vocal Technique Lecture with Vocal Coach Catherine A. Walker (University of Michigan)
- Tuesday - Songbook 101 with Songbook Foundation staff, Michael Feinstein and other special guests
- Wednesday - Performance Masterclass with Michael Feinstein and special guest (coming soon)
- Thursday - Jazz Styles Class with special guest mentor (coming soon)
- Thursday - Music Theatre Styles Class with Broadway star Ashley Park
- Friday - Music Business Masterclass with Post Modern Jukebox's Scott Bradlee
In the meantime, return to the Songbook Academy Online homepage or learn more about: